Re: [O] Upgrade to org 8.0

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Upgrade to org 8.0
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 17:54:23 +0200

Nicolas Richard writes:
> IIUC, when nothing bad happens, org has autoloads installed in emacs
> which will load org as soon as needed. So you are right, (require 'org)
> is unneeded.

This relies heavily on luck with both the original and the new version
of Org.  You should at least do a `(require org-install)ยด (but not when
you are trying to use the Org version that comes with Emacs).

> In rare cases, though (such as major update of org not yet reflected in
> emacs), I guess it might be required to load the right set of autoloads,
> i.e. say (load "org-loaddefs"). I'm have no idea why org-install got
> removed, because I think it used to serve the same purpose. Maybe I
> simply don't understand correctly.

FWIW, I carry a local patch that re-introduces org-install for this very
reason.

Regards,
Achim.