Re: [O] feature request

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] feature request
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:29:32 -0400

Christian Moe <address@hidden> writes:

> 42 147 writes:

>> Is there anything like this available?

> Yes. Org-Babel supports Lilypond. It's magic.

> http://www.lilypond.org/
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-lilypond.html

Somewhere in my old files, I have a reference to an Emacs mode for
entering music visually in a kind of ASCII mode, written by Neil Jerram
if I remember correctly.  But this was before Han-Wen and Jan wrote
Lilypond.  Now that Lilypond exists, it is an immensely more interesting
avenue, in my opinion.  Neil code would be fairly oldish anyway.

I never tried using both Org and Lilypond as suggested, but it looks
like a very appealing idea, I should try it.  Thanks for the suggestion.

François