Re: [O] evaluation context in call statements

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] evaluation context in call statements
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 10:38:31 +0200

Hi Eric

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think we could be well served by discussing how people use call lines,
> how they would use call lines (if this behavior changed), and what
> behavior would best support these existing and potential use cases.

You did not yet answer to what I asked you about more than one call
with the same arguments:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/72513/focus=73547

> In defense of the existing behavior, I don't see the benefit of calling
> a code block with the same arguments from multiple locations and
> subsequently littering a file with multiple identical results blocks.

Such result blocks do not have to be necessarily identical. What would
you suggest for these examples?:

1) It could be just me feeling like to be on the playground:
   #+NAME: i_am_curious_how_this_works
   #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
     (format "%s" org-babel-current-src-block-location)
   #+END_SRC

   #+CALL: i_am_curious_how_this_works()

   #+RESULTS: i_am_curious_how_this_works()
   : #<marker at 124 in tmp.org>

   #+CALL: i_am_curious_how_this_works()

   (Here I expect to see the result "#<marker at 235 in tmp.org>".)

2) My use case mentioned at the beginning of this message.

Michael