Re: [O] Process diagrams with dot and some glue using Org-mode

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] Process diagrams with dot and some glue using Org-mode
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 11:44:49 -0400

On 2013-06-26 11:23, Karl Voit wrote:
Hi!

I would like to define my diagram with the following two tables: one
for the node definitions and one for the interconnections between
notes. The syntax should be pretty self-explanatory (or at least I
hope so):
I (not an ELISP hacker) would have to use Python and write a table
parsing class which will get too complicated for my taste :-(
However, my guess is that this could be implemented in ELISP with
much less effort.

Two things:

        1. You don't need to write table parsing code, as passing in a
           table as an argument to a code block will convert it to an
           array. For example:

           #+name: ptable
| head1 | head2 |
|-------+-------|
| a     |     1 |
| b     |     2 |

           #+BEGIN_SRC python :var t=ptable :results value
             return t
           #+END_SRC

           #+RESULTS:
| a | 1 |
| b | 2 |

           and the python code generated (view w/
           `org-babel-expand-src-block'):

                   return t

        2. You can also use the pydot or pygraphviz libraries for
           generating the graph directly from python instead of generating
           dot code.

rick