Re: [O] feature request (rather off-topic)

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] feature request (rather off-topic)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 21:47:50 +0200

Hi François

Your post with the first-hand background about Lilypond is a very
interesting read for me, thank you.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 5:13 AM, François Pinard
<address@hidden> wrote:
> but really, this is of no interest nowadays.
> In my opinion, Lilypond is immensely more appealing!

Agreed. I did not mention that to be productive I would certainly use
Lilypond, preferably in Babel source blocks and for smaller scores
together with Org inline images.

Still I have some theoretical interest in 2-dimensional (time and
pitch) score notation in plain text (not the tablature that is
specific to an instrument). Maybe I will try to reach Neil to get an
impression of the now historical project.

> The Lilypond musical notation is quite efficient.  I often use it, with
> a pen on a sheet of paper, in the need of noting some music for myself,
> when away from home and any computer.  For me, it's quicker than drawing
> staves and notes.

Particularly interesting, I will have to remember that.

Michael