Re: [O] Add figure/table numbers to HTML captions

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Add figure/table numbers to HTML captions
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 13:34:36 +0200

Hi Yoshinari,

> I sometimes need to export an org document into both HTML and LaTeX.
> In such case, I want HTML exporter to create numbered captions for
> figures and tables.

I think many would appreciate that feature.

> So, I've written a small patch to add figure/table numbers to HTML
> captions. (see 0001-Add-figure-table-numbers-to-HTML-captions.patch)

That's cool!

I'm not an expert on html, but how easy it is to enable/disable/alter
your solution locally compared to a html5/css solution?  E.g. as here:

http://tympanus.net/codrops/2013/05/02/automatic-figure-numbering-with-css-counters/

Note, I don't know if this can be used for tables, or only figures,
but being able to change the style in css seems nice.

> This is my first post to this list.
> Please teach me if we have some better way to submit the patch.

Check:

       http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

You could use git format-patch and make sure that the commit message
is a change-log entry as described on Worg (C-x 4 a on your change in
the diff file should bring up the correct changelog mode).

–Rasmus

--
Dung makes an excellent fertilizer