[O] Modifying the Beamer Exporter

From: Josiah Schwab
Subject: [O] Modifying the Beamer Exporter
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:15:13 -0700

Hi All,

I am just starting to dig into using the new exporter for generating
beamer presentations.

I want to include my collaborators in the header of each org file just
as I would authors, that is by including a line like

#+COLLABORATORS: Alice & Bob

I've found some limited documentation on modifying the exporter (manual
section 12.3) and taken a look at ox.el, ox-latex.el, ox-beamer.el, etc.

What I did was:
  + Create a new backend derived from the beamer one
    + add COLLABORATORS to its options-alist
    + set the template (in translate-alist) to one handling collaborators

This works, but before I continued on making other modifications (in a
similar vein), I wanted to check in with people with a higher level
understanding.

Does this sound like a reasonable approach?

Any suggestions or pointers to existing documentation/examples would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Josiah