Re: [O] Ordered List (Alphabetical) and HTML Export

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Ordered List (Alphabetical) and HTML Export
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 12:49:24 +0200

Hello,

Bastien wrote:
> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I see no harm in supporting more flexibility where we can.
>
> I should add that Org is a way for many LaTeX newbies to discover LaTeX,
> supporting alphabetical lists in LaTeX (and other backend) goes into this
> direction IMO.

Speaking of lists, when I showed Org mode this week-end to some "hard LaTeX
guy", when he saw that we could choose between "-", "+" and "*" for itemized
lists and between "1." and "1)" for enumerated lists (whichever the depth
level), he suggested (for enumerated lists) that:

- 2nd level items should be:

    (a) ...
    (b) ...
    (c) ...
    (d) ...

- 3rd level items should be:

      i. ...
     ii. ...
    iii. ...
     iv. ...

    or:

    i. ...
    ii. ...
    iii. ...
    iv. ...

- 4th level items should be:

    A. ...
    B. ...
    C. ...
    D. ...

It is what is implemented (following typographical rules?) for both French and
English (at least) in LaTeX. See:

\documentclass[english,french]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{babel}
%
\begin{document}
\newcommand{\test}{%
  \begin{enumerate}
  \item
    \begin{enumerate}
    \item
      \begin{enumerate}
      \item
        \begin{enumerate}
        \item
        \item
        \item
        \item
        \end{enumerate}
      \item
      \item
      \item
      \end{enumerate}
    \item
    \item
    \item
    \end{enumerate}
  \item
  \item
  \item
  \end{enumerate}
}
\test{}
\selectlanguage{english}
\test{}
\end{document}

Dunno what you think about that, dunno if that's feasible and easy... But
wanted to share with you his point of view...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban