Re: [O] Break a line in org-mode

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Break a line in org-mode
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 17:00:21 +0000 (UTC)

Søren Mikkelsen <smik <at> iha.dk> writes:

> On 2013-07-03 10:21, Nick Dokos wrote:
> > Søren Mikkelsen <smik <at> iha.dk> writes:
> >
> >> I usually have some #+LaTeX_HEADER: entries in my org-mode files where
> >> some of them are macros. These lines can be rather long so I have to
> >> type in #+LaTeX_HEADER: multiple times for breaking the line to a
decent
> >> level.
> >>
> >> Is there a way of breaking a line when it is export options (or a
> >> regular comment in org-mode)?
> >>
> > Wouldn't it be better to put the macros in a separate file (say
> > mymacros.sty) and use
> >
> > #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{mymacros}
> >
> > ? Less clutter in the org file and if the macros are more generally
useful,
> > you can make it available, say by moving it to your personal texmf
> > directory (mine is at ~/.texmf-var/tex/latex but ymmv) and running
texhash.

> Well, I would like it to be in one file. If I, for instance, want to
> have long author list, it is not possible to do without having all the
> names on one line.
>
> I through maybe that there was a newline symbol, like in python or matlab.
>
> --
> Søren

In that case, you might want to use a template mechanism to enter the
#+LATEX_HEADER with a minimum of pain. Org comes with an "easy template"
system of its own:

  (info "(org) Easy templates")

but I had some trouble with the customization as detailed in another
posting. Note by the way that you can use a string as a key: you are not
limited to a single character. There are other abbrev/template systems also
if you find you don't like the org one.
--
Nick