Re: [O] org-export-section-number-format does not work

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-export-section-number-format does not work
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 00:22:09 -0400

Jisang Yoo <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi Jisang,
>>
>> Jisang Yoo <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> There seems no new option that can be found from exploring
>>> customization group org-export.
>>
>> You can check `org-html-format-headline-function' and its docstring
>> as an example on how to customize the display of headlines in HTML.
>> There are similar variables for other backends.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> --
>>  Bastien
>
> (setq org-html-format-headline-function 'my-org-html-format-headline)
> (defun my-org-html-format-headline (todo todo-type priority text tags)
>   "Returns foo."
>   "foo")
>
> results in wrong-number-of-arguments error when I export to html.
>
> (setq org-html-format-headline-function 'org-html-format-headline)
>
> also results in the same kind of error.

I think all that's needed is to add an explicit nil at the end of the
apply call in ox-html.el:org-html-format-headline--wrap, line 2246, like
this:

    (apply format-function
           todo todo-type  priority text tags
           :headline-label headline-label :level level
           :section-number section-number extra-keys nil)))

I'm not 100% sure about that but it seems to work for me both in the
default case and also with Jisang's setting - can somebody verify?

But getting there was not trivial: the CL-isms certainly do not help,
primarily because I had to understand them to figure out what was going
on, but also because they obscured the problem: when I tried to edebug
org-html-format-headline--wrap I get

,----
| edebug-syntax-error: Invalid read syntax: "Failed matching", ([&rest
| arg] [&optional ["&optional" cl-&optional-arg &rest cl-&optional-arg]]
| [&optional ["&rest" arg]] [&optional ["&key" [cl-&key-arg &rest
| cl-&key-arg] &optional "&allow-other-keys"]] [&optional ["&aux" &rest
| &or (symbolp &optional def-form) symbolp]])
`----

and the cursor is left at the ampersand of &allow-other-keys. OTOH,
when I try to edebug org-html-inlinetask which contains a similar
CL-ism, there is no problem. So something is tripping edebug up
but it's not clear what.

--
Nick