Re: [O] tikz for multiple targets

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] tikz for multiple targets
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 13:03:28 -0600

> Thanks for the quick answer.  I am aware, that imagemagick is needed.
> Let me rephrase my question using your example:
>
>> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{tikz}
>>
>> First execute the second code block, to define the convenience macro
>> and to set the required new variables in ob-latex.el.  Then export to
>> HTML and to pdf to see the tree exported as an SVG image and as
>> embedded tikz respectively.
>>
>> * Tikz test
>> Here's a tree, exported to both html and pdf.
>>
>> #+header: :file (by-backend (html "tree.svg") (pdf 'nil) (t "tree.png"))
>> #+header: :imagemagick
>
> I seem not to be able to apply (by-backend ) at the 'top-level, like so:
>
> #+header: (by-backend (html 'nil) (pdf 'nil) (t ":imagemagick"))
>
> Why is that?

Because elisp evaluation is available for header argument *values*, not
for the entire header argument line.  Instead you could do the
following, or just use the example in my previous email which sets
:imagemagick in all cases.

    #+header: :imagemagick (by-backend ((html pdf) 'nil) (t "yes"))

Cheers,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte