Re: [O] Should comments break paragraphs?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Should comments break paragraphs?
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 09:09:26 +0200

> Hello,
>
> Christian Wittern <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hmm.  In my book, the concept of comments implies that they should be
>> able to appear on any line in the text, without altering the meaning
>> of the context it appears in.  So to me, it would seem necessary to
>> treat comments as special, different from other elements.
>
> I don't think comments make much sense anywhere in Org (e.g., in an
> example block or in a source block). Also Org has no inline comment
> syntax (and I don't think it needs one: it is no programming language).
> So comments do not really fit in paragraphs.

I see comments as "entities which do not have any impact on the final
product".

If you regard the org file as the final product, then I
completely agree (I use org mainly for literate programming, and I don't
use any comments unless in linger code blocks, but that is not in
org). But if I use org for writing e.g. presentations in beamer, I might want
to add comments which should not be on the product (slides, article,
handout, ...) but which contain info in the org file.

So we are talking different levels here.

Cheers,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug