Re: [O] How to turn off visibility-state messages from 'org-cycle?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] How to turn off visibility-state messages from 'org-cycle?
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:35:11 +0100

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi List,
>
> when calling Org-mode functionality form an external program, some
> functions seem to make use of 'org-cycle', what results in a lot of
> "OVERVIEW" messages arriving at stdout/stderr
>
> ,---------
> | OVERVIEW

[...]

> Is there a way to turn these message off? I found things like

Unfortunately, no.  The code that outputs these messages does have a
hack to turn off the output when the org file is an attachment in a gnus
message but that's about it.

I also would like to have these turned off when using an emacs batch
command which I often do to synchronise my diary with various online
calendars...

Should be easy to add a variable and then a condition on each
(message...) line in org-cycle-internal-global as all of the relevant
message lines are already within a conditional.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.0.5-337-g9f3bed