Re: [O] How to turn off visibility-state messages from 'org-cycle?

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] How to turn off visibility-state messages from 'org-cycle?
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 17:10:09 +0530

Try this:

    (defadvice org-cycle-internal-local
      (around org-cycle-internal-local-suppress-messages activate)
      "Do the local cycling action, but suppress messages."
      (letf (((symbol-function 'message) (symbol-function 'ignore)))
        ad-do-it))

    (defadvice org-cycle-internal-global
      (around org-cycle-internal-global-suppress-messages activate)
      "Do the global cycling action, but suppress messages."
      (letf (((symbol-function 'message) (symbol-function 'ignore)))
        ad-do-it))

You can also use `flet' form to `ignore' the `message'.