Re: [O] english automatically option added to latex's babel package

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] english automatically option added to latex's babel package
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 10:48:56 +0200

Renato <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, I've customized org-latex-packages-alist and added the package
> "babel", with option "italian", however in my latex exports I get:
>
> \usepackage[italian, english]{babel}
>
> I don't want the english option to be there (latex gives it priority
> over the italian one it seems). What could be wrong? I have english as
> default language on my system (archlinux), so maybe I should change some
> variable in emacs?

>From the documentation of `org-latex-classes'.

Likewise, if your header contains \"\\usepackage[AUTO]{babel}\",
AUTO will be replaced with the language related to the language
code specified by `org-export-default-language', which see.  Note
that constructions such as \"\\usepackage[french,AUTO,english]{babel}\"
are permitted.

So the correct way is to set `org-export-default-language'.  None the
less I'd be interested in seeing a minimal example (from emacs -q)
that reproduce your error.  There may be a bug in
`org-latex-guess-babel-language'.

–Rasmus

--
Summon the Mothership!