[O] Ye Olde org-with-silent-modifications problem

From: Tom Slee
Subject: [O] Ye Olde org-with-silent-modifications problem
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:57:58 -0400

I know that the cause of this message is usually installing org-mode from elpa in a session that has already accessed org files:

org-refresh-category-properties: Invalid function: org-with-silent-modifications

However, I have tried to reinstall in a "clean" fashion several times and so far no luck. Any ideas would be appreciated.

My setup is on Windows, with this version

Org-mode version 8.0.6 (8.0.6-5-gb4a8ec-elpaplus @ c:/Users/Tom/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20130722/)

I wonder if the problem is that my emacs initialization files are org-mode files, based of Eric Schulte's starter kit? I have tried doing an uninstall orgmode, restart, restart, restart, install org-mode to ensure that there are no changes to org-mode init files that would cause them to be re-installed, but I don't see anything there.

Tom