Re: [O] Latest Org Compatible with Emacs 23.3.1

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Latest Org Compatible with Emacs 23.3.1
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 21:47:36 +0200

Hello,

Kenneth Jacker <address@hidden> writes:

> I downloaded orgmode-8.0.6, but the "build" failed with these error
> messages:

[...]

> The messages suggest that 8.0.6 is not compatible with my version of
> Emacs.

Org will try to be compatible with Emacs 23 at least until Emacs 25
release. I fixed the compilation errors. They should be gone in Org
8.0.7. Thank you for reporting them.

> Though I was able to run it, I am concerned that some of the
> functionality might be "broken" and I'll run into "trouble" later.

The errors you're getting are minor (they are about exporter UI). I'm
pretty sure you can use current version without problems, until next one
is out.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou