[O] org-speed-commands and `org-beginning-of-line-tip'

From: Oleh
Subject: [O] org-speed-commands and `org-beginning-of-line-tip'
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 09:18:03 +0200

Hi all,

I've come to rely on org-speed-commands quite a lot,
and I wanted to share this tip with other people, who use them:

(define-key org-mode-map (kbd "C-a")
  (lambda()(interactive)
         (if (looking-at "^[^*]")
             (re-search-backward "^*")
           (org-beginning-of-line))))

Basically, an additional C-a when already at the beginning of line takes you to
the previous heading, where speed commands are possible.

Since the normal C-a would do nothing in this case, it's a straight upgrade.

regards,
Oleh