Re: [O] org-export-current-backend variable and org-mode 8

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org-export-current-backend variable and org-mode 8
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 21:08:45 +0200

Hello,

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>> Applied a slightly different version. Thank you.
>
> Shouldn't d1d918100e be in maint?

No. Back-end as defstructs is only in the "master" branch.

> Also, I don't think that "nil" should mean both "export in progress with
> an anonymous backend" and "no export in progress".  You've been
> advertising the use of anonmous derived backends to customize exporting,
> so to me it would make more sense if somehow there was a way to detect
> that situation and then get the name of the parent backend instead.

A back-end, anonymous or not, may have no parent at all.

We can also store the full back-end object instead of its name. In this
case, an unnamed back-end is not the same as nil. Alas, this variable
was introduced for compatibility, which that solution kinda defeats.

Speaking about compatibility, previous export framework didn't have
anonymous back-ends. Handling the "nil" case would give us nothing more.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou