[O] org-attach should detect git also higher in the filesystem

From: Thomas Koch
Subject: [O] org-attach should detect git also higher in the filesystem
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 23:58:11 +0200

Hi,

I tested org-attach with the org file being inside a git repo. I observed that
the auto-commit feature of org-attach seems to work only if the data directory
is the root of a git repo (detected by looking for a .git folder in the data
folder).

I'd like however to have the org file in the git repo too and the data folder
being a sub-folder of the git repo. Actually I'd also like to use git-annex
here.

Some options of git rev-parse might be helpful here instead of coding the repo
detection check by hand in elisp:

--show-toplevel
           Show the absolute path of the top-level directory.

--is-inside-work-tree
           When the current working directory is inside the work tree of the
repository print "true", otherwise "false".

What do you think?

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro