Re: [O] three bugs/misfeatures in org-reveal (or is org-reveal the wrong

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] three bugs/misfeatures in org-reveal (or is org-reveal the wrong way to reveal around point?)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 20:37:35 -0700

Hi Sebastien,

On 8/6/13, Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:
> Just a question: did you play with the following settings?

Yes.  They don't seem to fix it.

>   ;; show full hierarchy when revealing a location
>   (setq org-show-hierarchy-above t)

I always have this.

>   ;; don't show following heading when revealing a location
>   (setq org-show-following-heading nil)

Its default value is ((default)).  Yet it shows the following heading
anyway.  Seems like a bug.

>   ;; don't show all sibling headings when revealing a location
>   (setq org-show-siblings nil)

Opposite of what I want.

>   ;; show the entry below a headline when revealing a location
>   ;; (setq org-show-entry-below t)
>   (setq org-show-entry-below '((org-goto . t)))

Setting it to t in some cases reveals a headline, then an ellipsis on
a line by itself below that which stands for the entire subtree.  I
don't want ellipses in unusual places like that.  It did not show the
entry as it was supposed to.

However, if it worked for me, I would use this variable.

> Do they impact or resolve some of the things you consider as bugs?

They do not resolve them.

Samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.