Re: [O] Very slow performance in Org-mode on 10k line file?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Very slow performance in Org-mode on 10k line file?
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 17:06:51 -0500

Just an update:
- I reverted back to commit release_8.0.2-73-g9998f2 (early May) with
no change in behavior, so perhaps it wasn't anything other than
growing file size
- I just created archive files for work journal entries in 2011 and
2012, storing them in separate archive files
- I'm now down to ~6500 lines, and lag is unnoticeable

Perhaps there's some magical cutoff between 6,000 and 10,000 lines
that starts to really bog things down?

John