Re: [O] ODT export

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
Subject: Re: [O] ODT export
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 11:59:12 +0900

Hello Vikas,

I don't think you can convert latex bits to org automatically. I was in a
similar situation few days ago.

I had very satisfying results using LaTeX2HTML and libreoffice convert.
(org → latex → html → odt/doc)

Citing the procedure I used to convert.

╭─────┤ http://askubuntu.com/a/239332/18411 ├─────
│Believe it or not, with complex documents and lots of packages included, I got
│much better results with LaTeX2HTML than with LaTeX2RTF, Pandoc or TeX4ht.
│
│ latex2html texfile.tex -split 0 -no_navigation -info "" -address ""
-html_version 4.0,unicode
│
│This will generate a folder with the same texfile name, so you'll be able to
│convert the generated HTML to ODT:
│
│libreoffice --headless --convert-to odt:"OpenDocument Text Flat XML"
texfile/index.html
│
│This will produce a index.odt file. Take a look at this answer to check how to
│use LibreOffice's convert filters.
╰─────

On Aug 12 2013, Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have an org file with some latex src code blocks embedded in it.
> These are mainly tables which could not be made using orgmode and had
> to be coded in latex (orgmode does not allow putting notes at the
> bottom of table using something like threeparttable).
>
> I now need to convert the document to odt. What is my best bet? How
> can I convert latex src code blocks to native org syntax, even if it
> means loosing some of the things (for example, the threeparttable
> stuff).
>
> Or do I need to write it all over again?
>
> Vikas

Thanks.,
--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు.