[O] faster agenda with properties support disabled (no org-refresh-prope

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: [O] faster agenda with properties support disabled (no org-refresh-properties)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:43:26 +0700

> M-x elp-instrument-package org
> M-x elp-reset-all
> <run your workload>
> M-x elp-results

  Incidentally I ran that and I saw:

org-agenda                                                    1
15.709354028  15.709354028
org-agenda-list                                               1
15.495628529  15.495628529
org-agenda-prepare                                            1
8.388162561   8.388162561
org-agenda-prepare-buffers                                    1
8.349513929   8.349513929
org-agenda-get-day-entries                                    477
5.7457141640  0.0120455223
org-agenda-get-scheduled                                      477
2.0763930930  0.0043530253
org-agenda-get-timestamps                                     477
2.046089454   0.0042894957
org-set-regexps-and-options-for-tags                          164
1.8202055340  0.0110988142
org-refresh-properties                                        318
1.3865960840  0.0043603650
org-refresh-category-properties                               159
1.1616332550  0.0073058695
org-agenda-get-deadlines                                      477
0.5512838650  0.0011557313
org-agenda-get-blocks                                         477
0.5356222019  0.0011228976
org-get-todo-state                                            3581
0.4114158859  0.0001148885
org-agenda-get-sexps                                          477
0.4037585499  0.0008464539
…

  I looked at org-refresh-properties.

  In org.el there is:

(defun org-agenda-prepare-buffers (files)
…
            (org-refresh-category-properties)
            (org-refresh-properties org-effort-property 'org-effort)
            (org-refresh-properties "APPT_WARNTIME" 'org-appt-warntime)
…

  Since I am not using effort/category/appointment properties in my agenda, I
would like to disable it. I commented it in the code and I get the same agenda
but 2'4 seconds faster (even more than 1'4 from org-refresh-properties). The
new instrumentation report is:

org-agenda                                                    1
13.345656663  13.345656663
org-agenda-list                                               1
13.113396681  13.113396681
org-agenda-prepare                                            1
7.086576653   7.086576653
org-agenda-prepare-buffers                                    1
7.054057855   7.054057855
org-agenda-get-day-entries                                    477
5.7340928759  0.0120211590
org-agenda-get-scheduled                                      477
3.3844209709  0.0070952221
org-set-regexps-and-options-for-tags                          164
1.8059163709  0.0110116851
org-refresh-properties                                        318
1.3982702620  0.0043970762
org-refresh-category-properties                               159
1.1513761240  0.0072413592
org-agenda-get-timestamps                                     477
0.6975214329  0.0014623090
org-agenda-get-deadlines                                      477
0.557952655   0.0011697120
org-agenda-get-blocks                                         477
0.533165758   0.0011177479
org-agenda-skip                                               3977
0.4244523499  0.0001067267
…

  So I would like to ask: is there a clean way to disable calls to
org-refresh-properties?