Re: [O] bug#15080: Period in Texinfo node name in org.texi

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] bug#15080: Period in Texinfo node name in org.texi
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:56:57 +0200

Hi,

I have attached a patch addressing both issues.  After my changes, it
built without errors:

  make -C doc info
  make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jallad/build/org-mode/doc'
  org-version: 8.0.7 (release_8.0.7-383-gcf1f3f.dirty)
  makeinfo --no-split org.texi -o org
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jallad/build/org-mode/doc'

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 03:08:23AM -0400, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Package: org-mode
>
> In org.texi in Emacs trunk, there is an Info node named "org-crypt.el".
> Periods are not allowed in Texinfo node names, so please could you
> rename this to something else (sadly makeinfo does not warn about such
> things).

I renamed the nodes to org-crypt but left the section name, index entry
and references in the text unchanged: org-crypt.el.  Please let me know
if I should change those too.

> (You might also want to let Texinfo figure out all the node pointers
> automatically, ie everywhere replace
>
> @node Name, Prev, Next, Up
>
> with just
>
> @node Name
>
> This makes it much easier to rename nodes.)

Indeed!

Cheers,

--
Suvayu