Re: [O] [AGENDA VIEW] Isn't g supposed to refresh agenda views ?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [AGENDA VIEW] Isn't g supposed to refresh agenda views ?
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 10:31:51 -0400

"Xavier Maillard" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello again,
>
> With my copy of orgmode, pressing g in the Agenda View does not behave
> as I would have expected it.
>
> Here is the docstring:
>
> g runs the command org-agenda-redo, which is an interactive compiled
> Lisp function in `org-agenda.el'.
>
> It is bound to g, <menu-bar> <Agenda> <Rebuild buffer>.
>
> (org-agenda-redo &optional ALL)
>
> Rebuild possibly ALL agenda view(s) in the current buffer.
>
> Though it effectively does something, it does not really refresh my
> agenda view since, as of the date of today (Wednesday 14th), it is stuck
> to yesterday...

I've never tried leaving an agenda buffer open overnight and refresh it
in the morning: if I remember, I'll try it tonight and see what happens
(I could simulate the whole thing right now but no time).

> What can I do to debug this ?

You should probably check the variables whose names start with
``org-agenda-start-...'' to make sure that they have not been
inadvertently modified incorrectly, particularly
org-agenda-start-on-weekday.

What I would do is run edebug on org-agenda-redo and make sure it is
executed, but assuming that it is, it sounds like it is making the
implicit assumption that the agenda was created today. You can always
quit the agenda buffer and recreate it: that should work.

> Additional informations:
> 1. GNU emacs 24.3.1
> 2. org-mode from Git (dunno how to give you its version though)

M-x org-version RET

--
Nick