Re: [O] Buffer-specific export filter?

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Buffer-specific export filter?
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:02:02 +0200

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 07:45:11PM +0800, James Harkins wrote:
> Is it possible to apply a specific filter during export for one org document,
> but not others?
>
> Basically, a buffer-specific export filter.
>
> It appears in the org manual that the hook needs to be added into e.g.
> org-export-filter-plain-text-functions, where it remains globally for the
> duration of the session. But I have a case here where I need a filter to work
> around a specific problem I'm having in one document, which isn't a problem
> in other documents, and I don't want the filter to interfere with the other
> documents.
>
> Possible? I don't see any mention of it in the manual.

Some thoughts:

1. Is it possible to set filters as buffer local?  Okay the help string
   says: "This variable may be risky if used as a file-local variable.",
   so I guess the answer is no.

2. Otherwise you could have used a lisp source block in the buffer.  You
   could still do that, just add a conditional that checks for the
   buffer name.  This way modifying a global filter would still affect
   current buffer export.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu