Re: [O] Export attached image files

From: Charles Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Export attached image files
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:41:14 +0000 (UTC)

Johan Ekh <ekh.johan <at> gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

> I would like
> to take a series of screenshots, quickly incorporate them into an org
> file together with some text without having to rename
> the screenshots with suitable names and organize them on my disk etc. I'd
> like org-mode to store the images somewhere
> in a data directory as an attachment, but of course I'd like the
> screenshots to be incorporated in the pdf-file when I export it.
> Is this possible?

IIUC what you want, yes.

There is contrib/lisp/org-screenshot.el for taking screenshots. It needs scrot.

Also, some posts showing how to roll your own screenshot during the last
six months or so, some of which do not use scrot. If you are on MAC OS X
and do not want to install scrot, this might be good enough:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode//2013-03/msg01843.html

If you have

* headline

text text text

[[file:path-to/my-file.jpg]]

Then the image gets rolled into your pdf.

You might need to mess with the width if you do not want full width
for an image.

[rest deleted]