[O] Editing HTML blocks: no special environment to edit here

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] Editing HTML blocks: no special environment to edit here
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:12:52 +0200

Hi!

Org-mode version 8.0.2 (release_8.0.2-121-g86fab4 from the git
repository a couple of weeks ago)

        #+BEGIN_SRC html
        bar
        #+END_SRC

        #+BEGIN_HTML
        foo
        #+END_HTML

I can edit "bar" in a separate buffer by invoking C-c '
(org-edit-special). However, this does not work for "foo"
("user-error: No special environment to edit here") although I guess
that the foo-html-block is the one that should be preferred.[1]

It is either rooted in my personal set-up, my (older) org-mode
version from git, or a general bug.

So I started Emacs with "--no-init-file" and got "Org-mode version
6.33x" (the site-specific org installation). After I evaluated the
statements to my local org-mode installation I got "Org-mode version
6.33x (release_8.0.2.121.g86fab)". Strange (6.33x vs. 8.0.2...) but
I hope this worked so far and I got the newer release from git.

In this rather minimal Emacs, I can edit both blocks as special
buffers as I want to.

So I guess I did something in my Org-mode setup files [2] which
causes this issue. Unfortunately, I could not locate anything which
I identify as the root of this issue.

Do you have any idea what this might be?

  1. There is not even an entry for "html" on
     http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html

  2. https://github.com/novoid/dot-emacs -> org-mode.el

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github