Re: [O] odt export version conflict on emacs for mac os x

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] odt export version conflict on emacs for mac os x
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 11:58:36 +0530

Best way to explain is with an example:

1. emacs -Q
2. eval this

    (add-to-list 'load-path "~/src/org-mode/lisp/")
    (require 'org-loaddefs)

  Ensure that there is org-loaddefs available from git path.

3. M-x load-library ox-odt.el

4. Ensure  (featurep 'org-odt) reports nothing.

5. M-x customize-group  org-export-odt.

6. See both legacy (org-export-odt-*) and new variables (org-odt-*)
being reported.

s/odt/latex/.  The result will be the same

What needs to happen:

Put new things in new groups.  I suggest org-export-ng or org-export-new
prefix for new exporter and backends.

Both the backend groups and the parent groups.

Long winded explanation:
-----------------------

Both the legacy and new exporters, declare SAME ":group
'org-export-backend" for but DIFFERENT user variables.  Similar looking
variables is NOT guaranteed to have same functionality.

Vanialla Emacs "somehow" tracks the custom variables and it's group
/even if/ legacy exporters are NOT in the load path.  So when new
exporter is loaded, the group displays BOTH the LEGACY and NEW
variables.

org-odt.el uses

    (defgroup org-export-odt nil
      "Options specific for ODT export of Org-mode files."
      :tag "Org Export ODT"
      :group 'org-export
      :version "24.1")

    (defcustom org-export-odt-content-template-file nil
      "Template file for \"content.xml\".
    The exporter embeds the exported content just before
    \"</office:text>\" element.

    If unspecified, the file named \"OrgOdtContentTemplate.xml\"
    under `org-odt-styles-dir' is used."
      :type 'file
      :group 'org-export-odt
      :version "24.1")
    )

ox-odt.el uses

    (defgroup org-export-odt nil
      "Options for exporting Org mode files to ODT."
      :tag "Org Export ODT"
      :group 'org-export)

    (defcustom org-odt-content-template-file nil
      "Template file for \"content.xml\".
    The exporter embeds the exported content just before
    \"</office:text>\" element.

    If unspecified, the file named \"OrgOdtContentTemplate.xml\"
    under `org-odt-styles-dir' is used."
      :type '(choice (const nil)
                     (file))
      :group 'org-export-odt