[O] How to add custom markup elements and to define custom backends?

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: [O] How to add custom markup elements and to define custom backends?
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:06:06 +0900

Hello,
sometimes I need markup elements than missing in Org mode, for example
combination of both bold and italic. Some backends, for instance html
and latex (with minor exception) support such combinations. So I wonder
1) how to define custom or new markup elements that can be used in
   backends, if it is possible
2) and how to extend or customize (write a custom backend) to take into
   accout these new elements.

Thanks in advance, Vladimir Lomov

--
You will triumph over your enemy.