Re: [O] Index of cases

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Index of cases
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 20:56:14 +0200

Alan L Tyree writes:
> My real problem is that I don't know how to generate the multiple
> indexes that I need if I use org mode.

You'd likely have to use macros (one for each index) and have a filters
or derived backends sort things out.  Getting to something as elaborate
as the various index packages would take some time, though.

> Everything else is easy. Any potential solution that I see involves
> adding lots more markup, but if I do that I might as well stick with
> LaTeX.

If you've organized the LaTeX maybe by using your own style file, then
you could still use LaTeX as the backend and keep the actual editing in
Org.

> At least a lot of simple editors (the software) are LaTeX aware, so my
> editor (the human being) should be able to handle it.

I guess here's your point to stick with LaTeX: there's a good number of
editors that support LaTeX, but only one that suppports all of Org, so
this might be a hard sell in some places (especially those that want
book manuscripts in Word, shudder).

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff: