Re: [O] can't export org-tables to LaTeX / void error - org-list-allow-a

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] can't export org-tables to LaTeX / void error - org-list-allow-alphabetical
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 21:28:48 -0400

Benjamin Slade <address@hidden> writes:

> I have some older org files which once exported to LaTeX without
> complaint but now refuse to do so, producing the error
>  "defconst: Symbol's value as variable is void:
>  org-list-allow-alphabetical"

A backtrace would help: see section 1.4, "Feedback", in the Org manual,
particularly the section "How to create a useful backtrace."

> These files have org-tables in them; if removed, the files export
> without any problem.
>
> I haven't set org-list-allow-alphabetical anywhere in my .emacs
>
> I'm running the latest version of org & org-plus-contrib from ELPA.
>
> Suggestions?

o What version of org are you using?
o Does adding (require 'org-list) to your .emacs after you load org-mode
  itself help? It should not be necessary, but that's where the variable
  is initially defined.
o A backtrace would help :-)
--
Nick