[O] [BUG] Re: How to trigger the clockcheck in an agenda view.

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: [O] [BUG] Re: How to trigger the clockcheck in an agenda view.
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 12:24:23 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Girard wrote:
> 2013/8/5 Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden>:
>>
>> Except the above, I definitely don't understand why it wouldn't work for you.
>> Can you reproduce the problem with a minimal Emacs config file (adding the
>> require of `org' and `org-agenda' before)?
>
> I think I understand why Rainer has a problem.
>
> According to the docstring from `org-agenda-custom-commands', there
> are two acceptable syntaxes for defining a command:
> - the "simple" one : (key desc type match settings files)
> - and the "complex" or "composite" one : (key desc (cmd1 cmd2 ...)
> general-settings-for-whole-set files).
>
> Now, the following code defines two commands, who are functionally
> identical, but syntactically different. The first one uses the "simple"
> syntax, and the second one, the "complex" syntax.
>
> If you evaluate the code and trigger the agenda, you'll see that the
> first command *doesn't* work as expected, while the second works.

I confirm that I can reproduce the bug you've spotted.

Great finding you've done there... This is the kind of obvious thing very
difficult to spot...

And, in fact, the extract I sent early of August wasn't working for me. Well,
the same version from a multi-block agenda view. This completely corroborates
your sayings...

> (I just borrowed your scissors to delimit my code, hope you don't mind ;-) )

These are not mine: just the default ones when pressing `C-c M-m' when
composing a message in Emacs!

>   (setq org-agenda-custom-commands nil)
>   (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>         (append
>          org-agenda-custom-commands '(
>          ("G" "Good: Clock Review"
>           ((agenda ""
>                    ((org-agenda-show-log 'clockcheck)
>                     (org-agenda-clockreport-mode t)))))
>          ("B"  "Bad: Clock Review"
>           agenda ""
>           ((org-agenda-show-log 'clockcheck)
>            (org-agenda-clockreport-mode t))))))

Indeed, while G is good, B is not firing up the "clock check" as expected.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban