Re: [O] [export] Should sidewaystable option automatically add rotating

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [export] Should sidewaystable option automatically add rotating package?
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:01:28 +0200

Hi Eric,

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
> A minor feature request.  Feel free to ignore!
>
> Using the sidewaystable :float option for table exports to LaTeX
> requires one to manually add a
>
>   #+LaTeX_header: \usepackage{rotating}
>
> line to the org file.  Could this package be added automatically by the
> exporter if the sidewaystable option is present?

My 2¢:

I think the policy is that the ox-latex ain't going to track packages.
Aaron made some patches for this some time ago, but they weren't
included.

So the question is should it be a default package?

I think not.  E.g. tabu isn't loaded.  Amsmath isn't loaded if you
generate a matrix.  Also, a kitten dies every time the length of
org-latex-default-packages-alist increases!

–Rasmus

--
When in doubt, do it!