Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:04:35 +0530

I will try out your changes later in the day...

Meanwhile,

> I don't know what "pre-order" means. What about
> `org-flat-forward-element'

By, flat or linear you really mean a serialized (or stringified) version
of parse-tree.  i.e., An Org buffer is really a serialized
representation of the parse tree.

> or simply (but misleading) `org-forward-paragraph'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-order_traversal

Even pre-order could be misleading.

`org-forward-paragraph' is much better.  As long as the docstring or
comments mention that Org's notion of paragraph is much more nuanced or
richer than a text-mode's notion of paragraph.

I insist on this, only because description (even if exhaustive) could be
misleading and restrictive.  But an Imagery (or a mental model) is
usually richer and generative.