Re: [O] [export] Beamer frames containing lstlisting are no longer made

From: Christoph LANGE
Subject: Re: [O] [export] Beamer frames containing lstlisting are no longer made fragile
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 16:14:15 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

> If you're inserting the environment manually, Beamer export back-end
> will not be able to detect that a "fragile" option is required. In that
> case, you can also insert that option manually, by setting BEAMER_OPT
> property to fragile in the headline representing your frame:
>
> * My frame
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :BEAMER_OPT: fragile
>   :END:

Thanks, that works – indeed I should have tried this first, as the
documentation actually mentions it.

Still I think the following sentence in the documentation (section 12.5)
is easy to misunderstand:

"`fragile' option is added automatically if it contains source code that
uses any verbatim environment".

I think it means that when I use a proper "source block" using
#+BEGIN_SRC, the exporter automatically sets the [fragile] option as
needed.  However the sentence could also be interpreted as reflecting
the behaviour of the old exporter, which indeed scanned the full _LaTeX_
source code (e.g. in #+BEGIN_LaTeX) for certain environments and then
set the [fragile] option.

Anyway, you told me how to make my legacy {lstlisting} environments
work.  Is this approach, of manually setting "BEAMER_OPT: fragile" the
preferred way whenever you have a listing in a non-standard language,
where the {lstlisting} environment requires special arguments (e.g.
"morekeywords")?  Or is there some way of passing extra arguments into
the {lstlisting} environment that is created from #+BEGIN_SRC?

Cheers, and thanks in advance,

Christoph

http://cs.bham.ac.uk/~langec/, Skype duke4701

→ Mathematics in Computer Science Special Issue on “Enabling Domain
  Experts to use Formalised Reasoning”; submission until 31 October.
  http://cs.bham.ac.uk/research/projects/formare/pubs/mcs-doform/