Re: [O] Change org-back-to-heading to use org's heading regex

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] Change org-back-to-heading to use org's heading regex
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 00:21:43 +0200

Hi Aditya,

I do not support this idea.

1. sometimes Org functions are used in other modes, with a different value for
the outline regexp.  WHile this will not work for many Org functions, it is
useful to have it work for some.

2. For just searching headings, it is efficient to use a regexp that is as
simple as possible and does not need to do any back tracking.

3. You can easily use the simple regexps to find a heading.  If you need
detailed info, match again with looking-at and then use the match data.

Regards

- Carsten