Re: [O] removing "Figure x" from a caption

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] removing "Figure x" from a caption
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 09:02:20 -0400

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
> Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:
>> Unfortunatey, I'm exporting to HTML (deck.js) not Beamer.  I guess I
>> still on't understand how to use beamer -- I tried it just now and it
>> seemed to produce a very plain pdf, not a slideshow at all.  sigh.
>
> It may or may not have worked.  I cannot tell from your comment.  It
> depends on what you mean by "plain PDF" and "slideshow".
>
> Beamer is a document style and a collection of macros for LaTeX.  The
> output of LaTeX will be a PDF file typically.  For a beamer document,
> the PDF output is a set of pages where each page corresponds to a single
> "slide".  The slide show is the sequence of these PDF pages.  Whether
> this corresponds to your meaning of a slide show, I cannot tell.
>
> I hope that makes some sort of sense...

Yes, it does make sense, thank you Eric.  The PDF document produced
was not a one-heading-per-page slideshow, but a more ordinary PDF with
continuous flow from page to page.  I have no doubt there are numerous
errors in my setup -- I don't use LaTex at all so I haven't realy
investigated what woud be necesary to fix them.

Thanks!
Matt