Re: [O] org-capture doesn't narrow correctly if :prepend is t

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [O] org-capture doesn't narrow correctly if :prepend is t
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:33:12 +0100

On 2 September 2013 18:51, Adam Spiers <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have an org-capture template as follows:
>
>  ("n" "personal NEXT" entry
>   (file "~/org/TODO.org")
>   "* NEXT %?" :prepend t)
>
> but after I hit `C-c C-c', the file's buffer stays narrowed, with the
> new entry invisible.  Anyone who didn't notice the presence of
> 'Narrow' in the modeline would be convinced that the capture
> completely failed.  It can be revealed via `C-u C-x n w', but of
> course it's annoying having to do this every time.
>
> The problem vanishes as soon as I de-select the :prepend flag.  It's
> been an issue for a while, so I guess I'm the only one using this
> flag?

Judging by the lack of response, it seems noone else uses :prepend :-/
It's enough of an itch that I am happy to scratch / fix it myself, but
it would be great if someone could give me a few quick pointers on how
org-capture uses narrowing - otherwise it could take me quite a lot of
time and pain to understand it by myself ...

Thanks!
Adam