Re: [O] Customizing TOCs in Derived Exporters

From: Josiah Schwab
Subject: Re: [O] Customizing TOCs in Derived Exporters
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:15:58 -0700

Rasmus writes:

> Josiah Schwab writes:
>
>> How does one go about overriding org-html-toc, which unlike something
>> like org-html-bold, does not appear in org-export-define-backend?  I
>> don't want the TOC not to appear, rather want it to be generated by
>> another function, org-md-toc or what have you.
>
> I'm not sure whether this would work with md simply 'cause I haven't
> worked with the html+friends exporter(s), but perhaps you could
> replace the inner-template, i.e. write a replacement for
> org-html-inner-template.

Yes, this suggestion worked for me.  Thank you for the advice.  Little
by little I will come to understand the new exporter (not that I
understood the old one).

Independent of the confusion it caused me while trying to figure out how
things work, it seems strange that the ox-md exporter generates a
non-markdown TOC using org-html-toc.  But I will leave that for those
who really use the markdown exporter, which is neither you or me.

Best,
Josiah