[O] [OT] mail followup to (was Re: M-x fill-region equivalent for lists?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [O] [OT] mail followup to (was Re: M-x fill-region equivalent for lists?)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:48:39 +0100

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> P.S. Oddly, reply-all to your email composes an email to myself and
> the Org-mode list, but not you directly... what might be the cause of
> that?

Hi John,

that happens because I have directed, in my message, that any replies go
to the list.  As I subscribe to the list, I do not need to have replies
to me directly.  Scoring in gnus ensures that any email on the list that
is part of a thread I have contributed to will be emphasised (scored
high).

The technical details: I have told gnus that any email in my lists.org
group is email from a mailing list.  As a result, when I post to this
list, gnus inserts the following Mail-Followup-To: mail header in the
emails.  If you look at this email, the header should be there and it
should look like this:

In principle, it could be just the org mode mailing list but it is not
up to me to decide whether you want direct responses or not. :-)

> This is the behavior I get with gmail. Just wanted to let you know.

It's the correct behaviour.  For once, gmail does the right thing!

Thanks,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.1.1-7-gaecdf5