Re: [O] 8.2: Error with tests SOLVED

From: Mehul Sanghvi
Subject: Re: [O] 8.2: Error with tests SOLVED
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 02:31:00 -0400

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> wrote:
Mehul Sanghvi <address@hidden> writes:

> emacs-version:  GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
> 2.24.19) of 2013-06-30 on porpora, modified by Debian
>
> org-version:  Org-mode version 8.2 (release_8.2.dirty @

Your org-version is "dirty", i.e. you have a mix of different versions.

Look at the manual on ho=w to solve this, or ask here with further
details on how you installed org and emacs.

Cheers,

Rainer

There is no bug here, just missing files.  I should have read testing/README to figure out what I needed for dependencies.  ert is one of the packages that you need if you're not running on Emacs24, which I'm not.   This was definitely a user problem with "in between the ears" :)

cheers,

    mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi