Re: [O] Bug: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil when exporting to beamer [

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil when exporting to beamer [8.2 (8.2-elpa <at> /Users/jason/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130919/)]
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 00:54:03 +0000 (UTC)

Jason Lewis <jason <at> dickson.st> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou wrote, On 23/09/2013 7:56 AM:
> > The syntax is wrong: you cannot have two frames within the same
> > tree.
>
> Hi Nocolas,
>
> Thanks. The error message is not very clear and this is an easy
> mistake for a beginner to make.

FWIW, I've been using the new beamer exporter for at least half a year, and
I'm convinced the simplest way to handle frames is to set the H: export option
to the heading level that you want to turn into frames. That is, typically I
use top-level headings for sections, and my slideshows haven't been long
enough yet to need subsections, so I set H:2 in one of the #+OPTIONS strings
at the top. Then all "** Second level headings" become frames. No need to
specify the beamer_env in the properties drawer.

It isn't always the case, but it does seem often to be true that simpler input
avoids problems.

Hope that helps.

hjh