Re: [O] Org mode issue tracker

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [O] Org mode issue tracker
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:55:26 +0200

"Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/address@hidden>
writes:

> Hi Suvayu,

Hi,

>>> The other solution that I'd see would be using Emacs' own bug tracker (the
>>> `org' package is already known to them), if that's
>>> possible. Anyway, having the
>>> bugs in an Org file seems natural too!
>>
>> I think this is a great idea.  A combination of an Org file (either
>> public or private) and the Emacs bug tracker with Org package tags
>> should be able to handle our needs.
>>
>> I see only one potential problem, is there an easy way to subscribe to
>> only a specific package tag on the Emacs bug tracker?  I imagine most
>> contributors following Org bugs will not be interested in other Emacs
>> bugs.
>
> I don't know. I guess this should be asked directly to them. Indeed, it'd be
> good to have a (virtual) newsgroup with only bugs related to `org', like what
> exists for Stack Overflow.

There is the debbugs package on ELPA. The frontend, debbugs-gnu, allows
to filter for packages and tags. Try

(debbugs-gnu '("serious" "important" "normal") '("org-mode"))

On my wannabe todo list is a package debbugs-org.el, which shows the
entries as TODO items. If the org community decides to use debbugs as
issue tracker, it would give me a push.

(I'm not so experienced with org-mode, so I would need at least some
assistance how such a TODO item should look like)

> Best regards,
>   Seb

Best regards, Michael.