Re: [O] Org mode issue tracker

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Org mode issue tracker
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:42:01 +0200

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Suvayu Ali
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 09:29:10AM +0200, Sebastien Vauban wrote:
>> BTW, is there a convention for using "ALLCAPS" or
>> "First-letter-cap"? I mean: the "time estimate" property is written
>> "Effort", not "EFFORT"; is there a convention to distinguish
>> between Org "official" built-in properties, and user-defined ones?
>> Or is there another rule? (This question may sound stupid, but I
>> live conventions, so that all files look the same).
>
> I'm not sure if there is any convention.

There is: "User-defined properties are capitalized", see
http://orgmode.org/manual/Conventions.html

Although for user-defined properties and at least for my private Org
files I don't follow this convention and prefer all lower case. It
helps me e. g. when sorting properties with locale C: Built-in
properties first, User-defined last.

Michael