Re: [O] Spurious exporting of text before first header

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Spurious exporting of text before first header
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 17:15:40 +0200

"Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/address@hidden>
writes:

> Wouldn't it be worth to make such a filter officially present in Org, not only
> for Beamer?

Here we are.

No it wouldn't. As I said, it's a kludge used as a workaround in
Beamer-specific syntax because headlines, which are not blocks, can only
be ended with another headline or the end of buffer. It's a specific
solution for a local problem. These do not usually generalize very well.
For example, visibility cycling isn't related anymore to sections in
export output:

  * H1
    Section 1
  * Ignore me! :ignoreheading:
    Section 1 (continued)
  * H2
    Section 2

You can achieve the same (and, apparently, you already do) with a simple
hook, without extending Org syntax. I _really_ think that's better.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou