Re: [O] Amazing demonstration by John Kitchin

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Amazing demonstration by John Kitchin
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:04:02 -0400

Here is part of how I use org-mode to publish to my blog: http://jkitchin.github.io/blog/2013/09/27/Publishing-to-blogofile-using-org-mode/

My approach is pretty automated, but I have left some manual steps in place. Basically I write a post as a heading in some org-file, press a key, which generates the html post in the required format and in the right place. Then I build the blog, and push it to github. All that could happen with a key press, but sometimes I like to inspect the content before pushing.

I will try to describe the actual blog setup another time. I use blogofile, which is a static blog generator, so it is quite different from using wordpress, or other blog systems that you publish to via rss, xml-rpc, etc...

John

John Kitchin
Associate Professor
Doherty Hall A207F