Re: [O] how to provide feedback to the org documentation on the website?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] how to provide feedback to the org documentation on the website?
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 23:31:58 -0400

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
> Jason Lewis <address@hidden> writes:
>> I noticed a word that is probably wrong in the org doco online. What's
>> the general procedure for providing feedback? It's not editable like a
>> wiki is it?
>>
>> Specifically on the page http://orgmode.org/manual/Beamer-export.html
>>
>> " Eventually, every plain list has support" should read "Finally, every
>> plain list has support"
>>
> It is editable! You can find how to register and use git for editing
> Worg here:
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-about.html
>
> It's actually a pleasure to work on its org-mode files.

That's true for worg files but Jason was talking about the org-mode
manual. I believe that's not editable except by developers. The easiest
way to make a change is to send a bug report. It's also possible to post
a patch to the list - in the same way that one would provide a patch for
code (with all the conditions that this implies: TINY change, FSF
copyright assignment, following conventions etc.). For details, see

         http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

--
Nick