Re: [O] Org Tutorials need more structure

From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset
Subject: Re: [O] Org Tutorials need more structure
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 13:59:28 +0200

Hi,

2013/9/28 Suvayu Ali <address@hidden>
Your example is not beginner's tutorial at all!  Nor is it something
that the manual can cover.

I do not understand why. Every beginner intested in org-mode is interested for such or such application, and that's a strange reply to make to a beginner like me to reply : "sorry but your request is not a beginner's request". And if I am interested in org-mode mainly for the feature?

 For esoteric/specific needs like this
"advanced tutorials" are more appropriate.

I have not found a clear tutorial to help me on this point, and even in the org-mode manual, the relationship between org-mode and emacs email client like gnus is very difficult to understand. Again, I have not seen an easy example to follow.

Now to answer your question, I have seen people mention htmlize.el from
contrib for something like this.  To integrate with LaTeX, you should be
able work out a solution with some dvipng magic.  If memory serves me
right, there was a post from Eric[1] mentioning how to use htmlize from
gnus, and a thread on dvipng in the last month.  Those might help you.

Thanks for this reference, I have tried these commands on a draft in my gnus, of course nothing work. I suspect that I need to configure gnus before...

My point in this discussion was to pointing out that it is not only structure of tutorials  can be a problem, but the content of explanations. Again, if no example is given for each task that one can realize with org-mode, only geeks expert in emacs will be able to read manuals for org-mode, and in my opinion it's too bad.

Best wishes,

Jo.